Sunday, October 18, 2009

Do you want to be a Mathionaire?

View Here

Now, Miss B. isn’t particularly fond of or any good at math.  This is why she has the Math Wiz.  Today’s review is of a game made by a person of British (English?  I recall my history of England teacher referring to them as both.  Please forgive me if I’ve offended anyone) origin.  I only know this because instead of winning a million dollars, I won a million pounds.  Which I believe equals approximately 1,695,415 in my home currency.  Which I think is a pretty good deal.  Or so the Math Wiz tells me.

ScreenShot001

I started off playing the game at a nice level.  I level I can handle.  The first question I didn’t have to use Microsoft Calculator on.  Which was nice.  Really nice actually.  It made me think I had a chance.

 

 

ScreenShot002

Ha ha ha… no way.  By the time I got here I was using my calculator more than is probably normal.  Miss B.  isn’t good at math.  The Math Wiz says I count “One, Two, Three, Jellybean, 9, 10, oooh… what’s that?”  Miss B’s brain is meant for history and the arts.  Not for science or math.  But because Miss B. understands that not everyone is like her, she tries to review as many different kinds of educational games as possible.  All for you.

ScreenShot003

Nearing the top here.  I haven’t employed the Math Wiz’s mad skills yet.  I’m doing pretty well for myself, even if it is algebra!

 

 

 

ScreenShot004

Alright, it’s the bottom of the ninth, and Miss B. is on her last question.  She has used up all her lifelines and is guaranteed a 1 in 4 chance of getting it right.  (At least she learned that much!)  What the computer doesn’t know is that she has… duh duh da daaaa… THE MATH WIZ!!

 

ScreenShot005

After saying 7 the Math Wiz continues to ask questions such as “why are you asking that?  It’s 10 in the evening?  You don’t do math, why are you doing it?” and I really want to savour the moment of hitting “yes” and winning my 1,000,000 dol….err… pounds.  Miss B. commences to silence the Math Wiz with a satisfactory answer.

ScreenShot006

Do I doubt the Math Wiz?  Have I ever doubted the Math Wiz?  At least when it comes to numbers?

 

 

 

ScreenShot007

Of course not!  The Math Wiz is a math wiz for a reason!  Nothing is too hard for the math wiz!

 

 

 

ScreenShot008

Lookie here at my winnings!  Look at that 1.6 million dollars I won virtually!  Now if only I could get a cheque that big in the mail that didn’t come with having to sign my life and funds away to Random House.

 

 

DO YOU WANT TO BE A MATIONAIRE? – LINK HERE

Recommended Age:  Grades 4-7.  Miss B. is obviously in grade 3 because this was much too difficult for her!

Difficulty Rating:

Three

Fun Factor:

Deux

Happy Adding!

Miss B

 

 

2 comments: